Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Prepare to feel guarded

You can all relax now. I have completed the Wackenhut Corporation training program that qualifies me for my Guard Card from the State of California. I am also certified for handcuffing. It was a one day course to pass a 45 question test. I got 44 right the first time, then I had to correct the one I got wrong. It was about what to do when you suspect terrorism. Not much, but a little more than I thought.
There is not much a security guard can really do. Well, you aren't supposed to do much. Be polite, be firm, and keep your eyes open. You can't search people, except for weapons. You can't arrest people, any more that a regular person does. IF you do, you must turn them over to the cops and they decide what to do. They may let them go.
What really goes on when you are working, you are supposed to watch for trouble and take notes and names if necessary.
It is pretty much what we were already doing. Except, some guys think you are supposed to be flirting or just sitting on your ass and talking to your friends. You know who you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha... I was just surfing around and took a look at these comments. I can't believe there's still this much interest. Thanks for writing about this. Jose - car insurance california