Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Why I am not a Comedian




I like to kid around and make jokes. At one time, I thought telling jokes is what I wanted to do for a living. Maybe I still do. All right I do.However, I have never wanted to be labeled as a comedian. I want to be the guy who tells jokes and is taken seriously. Yeah, I'm screwed up. But that's the way I am and I don't care who knows.
However,I did make a list of tens why I don't want to do stand up comedy.
1) Roasts- telling the same joke about different people.
2)Fat jokes- these are never nice unless you are fat and you tell them about yourself.
3)Begging drunks for laughs- If they need to be sauced to laugh, you aren't very funny.
4)Being even lonelier- I lead a fairly solitary life so far, so being on the road as a one-man act doesn't sound too appealing.
5)Catholic Priest jokes are tired.
6)No boss to mock-this one could go either way, especially now that my sister is my boss.
7)I never want the same job as Kathy Griffin.
8)I can't fart on cue-we have to live with some regrets.
9)I don't want Sportscenter to steal my jokes.
10)Standing in front of a crowd and only telling jokes is stupid.

No comments: