Monday, December 10, 2007

Always late

I often work with other people. They are usually late. This can be annoying as they told you that they would be here at a certain time. But they aren't. People who are normally late for things, I call stoners. This is why you don't normally go into business with friends. While you are losing money, they are listing excuses and calling you a dick because you want to know why this keeps happening. Here are some things I like to say to them.

Where you been? Getting high?

What's with your eyes, are you high?

I'm gonna get a real job, where fewer people show up high.

Maybe you wouldn't succumb to so many conspiracy theories if you weren't high. I used to believe a lot of dumb things when I was stoned. I don't get stoned anymore and I believe less stupid things. Maybe some would disagree. I voted for Bush in 2004. Most people I know would say that was stupid. I wonder what the percent of pot smokers voted for him. My guess would be 15%. Maybe High Times has done a formal survey. Ha ha. Here's the hard news they are covering this month. Willie Nelson, the Stoner Cup, indoor growing and you get the idea.

Unfortunately, stopping getting high doesn't stop me or anybody from doing dumb things. We are all imperfect. I think that is the one challenge humanity has over the rest of the organisms on this planet. You could argue that every other living thing is perfect. They are also less complex, but still perfect. Humans don't and never will enjoy that luxury. We will sometimes be late even when we know it is wrong. Heavy stuff.

So here's a video to take your mind off that situation.

No comments: