Friday, December 14, 2007

Who Loves Animals?

You would think that a group of people who claim to love animals would actually love animals. Here's the big surprise, sometimes people go crazy over some cause for their own self-aggrandizement. PETA really loves themselves and rubbing other peoples' noses in their shit because they wear fur or eat meat. Call the Museum of Natural History and strip the cavemen of their saber-toothed vestments. I ate processed chicken today. That is especially cruel. Grown in a cage, mangled by machinery, reformed into a disc, and then frozen. I fried it in oil just to get all the pain I could from it.

Did you know that not only is there a book and movie called The Devil Wears Prada, but also a band by the same name? Wow, what a coincidence. I haven't yet realized which came first. I mean, the book generated the movie. I don't think a bunch of teen metal heads would come up with this name on their own. But why would a bunch of teen agers name themselves after an Anne Hathaway movie? I don't get it. None of their songs are relating to the movie at all. There is no mention of Meryl Streep, fashion, Paris, Adrien Grenier, what is the deal? Oh yeah, in case you don't link to them, the band is a Christian scream metal band. They aren't bad. Then again, I like that sort of thing. I also admit to enjoying the movie.

Isn't Meryl Streep a funny name? I dare you to look at it for 10 seconds and not laugh. what did her mother say when she was born? "She looks like a Meryl." At least now the rest of us know what one looks like.

What the hell is with Eddie Murphy? When did his career turn into one big fat JOKE? Wait, one BIG fat joke? big FAT joke? Where do I put the emphasis there? I want to say that his career has been about making fat jokes into movies. Not that his career is a joke. Who would go see this movie? Why? Why not just go follow some slobs around Wal-Mart? Same deal.

No comments: