Thursday, March 15, 2007

Back in the States

I have not updated in a while.

One thing you want to do after travelling for two months straight is nothing.

I did go to Vienna and did a quick tour of the city. It was a nice clean place. People were pleasant enough just like they were in all other places I went. The city is impressive as was the Schonbrunn Palace.

That palace showcased the opulence of the Hapsburgs, the last royal family of Austria-Hungary. The Austrians claim them still, the Hungarians do not. Few conquered peoples celebrate their former foreign heads of state, no matter how illustrious.

I want to compare the Swiss and the Austrians. I am not qualified. They may have their similarities, but I haven't been exposed to enough Austrians to be accurate. I may harbor a little bitterness towards the former.

But what can one do? Love dies and grows again. Most experiences need to be seen as a positive sooner or later. If you choose to do the opposite, life will be one bitter pill taken over and over, soon with less frequency because you aren't trying at all anymore.

I am glad I tried without worrying too much about whether or not success was guaranteed. I am a better person for doing so. I have seen more of the world than I ever thought I would, but maybe not as much as I want.

One thing I feel after every break up is that I wanted to do more. This could have been said easily about other women I have dated as about Nina. It was just more true about Nina. Yeah, it wasn't meant to be. That is also something you get sick of telling yourself. Try not believing that something isn't wrong. That is something that you just don't think about for long.

Enough of that. On to something else.


More blogs coming with photos from the trip.


Currently listening :
The Boatman's Call
By Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Release date: By 04 March, 1997

No comments: