Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Reichstag Dome


This architectural wonder sits atop the German parliament called the Reichstag. If you want a history lesson, go to Wikipedia or pay for a tour like I did. I waited maybe an hour to get in the place. Security is rigid. You can look down on to the parliament while they are pretending to work. You can also walk up the spiral staircase to the top. You can also walk outside the dome on the roof. What I would give to be able to do that in DC or Sactown. Every time I compare Europe with the States, Europe seems to win. Do I think the US needs to change? In a lot of ways, yes. Do I wish we changed our security? No. We could use more choice as far as individuals wanting to run their businesses their way I am not going to denigrate our wonderful land because we over employ tons of busybodies. Europe has their share. I wonder what language they will all decide to speak? Esperanto? Latin?
I wonder what made the Germans put this dome on the old Reichstag? I guess it symbolizes the Reunification, I can't imagine how, but it must in some way. Maybe you know.

No comments: