Friday, March 16, 2007

Beer Bottles



Beer is probably the most important contribution the Europeans have made to the world.
I defy anyone to one up me there.
Don't try you can't.
Heineken was hardly the best beer I had over there. It wasn't even the best tour I went on. Although, it was the tour that involved the most beer. I didn't try to take any tours of any other breweries. Thinking about that now, what a huge mistake!
When I spent day after day in Berlin, not knowing what to do, did it cross my mind to go see a brewery? No!
Make that a lesson to yourselves people. But then again, you can't do it all. I guess going to as many breweries as museums can get just as mundane. But the Heineken Experience didn't even show them actually making beer. It was mainly a marketing ploy that you paid to see. How's that for reverse psychology?
Not that there weren't good things to see there. Like all of theses beer bottles. they are really hooked on the color green. These are two of my favorite pictures from the tour.
1. They do not include any examples of Heineken trying to sell me beer after I have already paid to be in, well near the factory.
2. Any overabundance of any consumer product concentrated in one place is always good for pop art. Thanks Warhol.
3. It reminds me, that I was in that place by myself and no one came over and said hello or tried to drink with me. You selfish fucks. If someone is alone, it can only be obvious that they are alone. Thanks for nothing. Now I know why so few people have chosen to travel alone like I did. I had to ask a tour worker to take that first photo.

No comments: