Tuesday, February 06, 2007




Prague continued
Current mood: recovered
Category: recovered Parties and Nightlife

I forgot where I left off. So after we went to a bunch off half full clubs, we found a place where Ed saw another American. Tom, I think and he makes commercials or something. he was with a group of people who were seeing a friend off back to SF. They were partying. If you know what I mean. Ed and I weren't but we went along for the ride.
Tom got a Limo to take us to Mecca, cause the bus they had wasn't running. It was 100czk a piece, 1100 total. The limo was for some titty bar called dancers, but no one was getting in to go there, so the driver took us to the club.
This club was great, I still was trying to make myself dance.Not enough other dancers to get lost in though. I walked around, said hello to others in the group. but hung loose, I was a little uncomfortable. I had only been in town 28 or so.Yeah, I can be shy.
Also, in Prague, get used to seeing young women with older guys, it just happens. A lot. when in Rome.....
I didn't try though. Want to hear some excuses?
After being there a while, we took a couple of cabs to Laclan, another all morning club. this place starts at 4am. Still drinking I ambled around looking for a good place to crash.
I must have been out for an hour. here you can sleep in a bar. So i got up rejoined the group and found my second wind. I had my humor and social skills back. I was really enjoying myself, not that the rest was bad, but I didn't feel like a stranger anymore.
At about 10am, we left. Charity, a Canadian woman in our group about 32 and blond, said we could come to her place for drinks. Ed, Zoran, Charity and I went there straight away. She lived around the corner and had whiskey and wine.
She said this was the first time in 2 years she had been out. She has lived here for 5. I didn't believe her until she called her Jameson's scotch.
We listened to music and drank for hours, until 4pm, in her 6th floor apartment. the shades were drawn, sunlight was not our friend.
Zoran, the Serbian sensation, left before Ed and I.
Instead of going home, ed and I went around from place to place, eating, having a coffee, or another beer for the next 7 hours. Ed drank more than I did as beer tasted like puddle water to me at this point, but it kept him going. I also played the game on my cell phone to kill time.
So at midnight me go to Jaromir Jagr's sportsbar and watch the game. 2 more beers, chicken wings and some beef off the bone with a veggie skewer and we were done. Didn't see the end.
We really tried. 48 hours in Prague on 8 hours sleep. I still got it.

No comments: