Monday, February 05, 2007

Praha





Spent the last weekend in Prague.

Found a room. Cleaned up and almost slept through the night. Glad I didin't. Got on the Metro and got off at Flora, hoping to find the club Ed Wade said he was going to be. Found it. It is called Infinity. The place was covered in beautiful women. What a first night!

Stayed the a while an drank many beers. Andrew is this American guy who works in mdeia in Prague. He loves it here, claimes the quality of life is better. Less work, less hassle. Compared to his job in the States, a similiar one that is.

Rob, this English guy, met Ed at the hostel they shared for a time. Rob works here as well. He ain't to smooth with the ladies. He was pawing this girl as I was talking with her. It was very bizarre. I didn't know if I should say anything and she said nothing about it.

Rob also told me there is a bar where you paz 500 crowns to get in, 200 for beers, and the women are free. You can do whatever you want with them, but the catch is that it will be sent over the internet. That's a big catch. What's the difference between freedom and moral rot? You decide.

Writing this blog for me keeps my sprits and curiousity going about htis trip. Thanks for reading.

I was out at that club and realized that it was after 4 am. I got a cab and went to my hostel.

I had to be out of there by 10 or lose 200 crowns. Not a good deal. I made it thanks to my 1st cell phone complete with alarm.

Ed said I could crash at his apartment. So I called him about noon. He had company the night before so was very tired.

I am still getting used to the phone and didn't want to use all of the credit on long distance cell phone calls.The pay phones in Europe are overpriced and worthless, especially if you plan to use change to pay. A phone card might work better.

I took a cab and called when I arrived. this included walking to 3 payphones which never worked, texting which didn't send and finally calling him which cost me like 3 chf, I think, my phone balance comes to me in German.

So i got there, he was still tired as was I. So we just sat around a while until we went to meet Silva at a club after our dinner.

She was cool, not much to say but I asked what my Czech name is and she said Sbynek, based on a guy at work with that name is called Jeff.

Then after more beer we to the tram to old town and hopped around the Ed's favorite places. Most weren't too busy because it was Saturday. People go all out on friday, so it is less busy at most places on Saturday.

I will finish this story later. IT doesn't end until the Super Bowl. Who won?

No comments: