Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Train rides are long


Thursday, February 08, 2007


Category: Travel and Places



Well, you can't get there from here.


Train rides in Czech Republic are slow. Let's get that capital flowing. they still have some catching up to do but are still on their merry smoking an ddrinking little way. The foreigners come there at first to party, but soon they are back to work trying to make a buck like in their home country, except they've got a real young hot girlfriend. Money isn't everything.

I miss my news and political arguments. But I should be finding out what else makes me, me.

It is easy to do alot of the same things I did back home. Also easy to see new things. That makes up the bulk of new experiences.

I loaned smokes to a Czech guy named Evo on the train to Regensburg Germany. Nice fellow, but he smelled like beer and smokes and only spoke Czech and German. That is what he needs.

He was thrilled to meet someone from California. So I kept giving him smokes to make a generous impression. He knew about the governator and I didn't mind, even though that is all anybody knows. I don't feel like naming off national parks to change their minds.

I switched trains in Munich, this train was more crowded and it was rough tryin g to get a little rest. Then the train stopped on the tracks for like an hour and a half. I though I would miss my connection to Zurich, but guess what? The conncection was waiting at the next station. We got into Zurich an hour late. fine with me, I had no where to go that early anyway.

I dropped my gear off at the hostel, recharged my cell phone credit, and caught the next train to Davos via Landquart.

A beautiful ride down the zurichsee-lake. Still not much snow in Switzerland. What a pity, but I don't mind the warmer weather.

I watched some people ski and snowboard a half pipe. they sold corona, so I had 1. This guy was working the crowd and singing traditional songs, quite amusing. And then I walked the town and trained it back to Zurich. And here I am.

No comments: