Sunday, February 25, 2007

Belgrade Blowout





Current mood: Tired and Red

Thursday we stayed out until 4 am. we to a few clubs with these guys Doca and Dan. they are locals and seem to enjoy the drinks we buy quite a lot. but they are a lot of fun and we picked up another friend whose name escapes me at the time. we knew Doca (pronounced Dote za who we now call Doatzer) was seeing how close he could walk next to speeding cars as we crossed busy streets. we went to a student center and saw a really good Black Sabbath tribute band. Me and Mike beat those guys at Foosball. and we hate soccer. The clubs here are cool cause they are probably in an old basement.
Friday we stayed out until noon. We went to Academia again. Dan is a Bartender there. When get to the bar, he pours us two beers, two shots, and lights up a joint. That has not happened to me anywhere before. Anyone else think America is over regulated?
Mike and I met these girls at the student center earlier that day. They said they were going to the KZT, another student center. I am pretty sure they couldn't drink in bars in the US. Anyone else think America is over regulated? And she said I was old enough to be her dad. She didn't get the 'whose your daddy?' aspect, but her English is good as she teaches it. They were Jelena and Anastasia. Anastasia is Greek as well as Serbian. And they have great tits. In case anyone is curious. I haven't seen them out of a sweater, but .....
We had fun at that club. The DJ played Sepultura's Rhattamahatta so we went and danced. Something I hadn't done before either. I went to a dance club and heard no Rap music. something I blah blah
Jelena introduced us to this guy named Ivan, born in Serbia, grew up in Canada Toronto area, and is back here. A real happy fellow, especially happy to meet someone he has some things in common. He says he is treated a bit like an outsider since he grew up outside Serbia.
People here seem to have a camaraderie I don't see back in the states.
That place closed at 4am I think. we walked around in the cold looking for places to go and picking up new folks along the way.
There was another Mike or Majk. He threw Molotov cocktails at the US Embassy.
Some long haired guy who was with Mike McArdles friend Juliana.
Some chick named Dragona who never showed me her tits, although I did get to kiss her.
Some girl with a pierced tongue, nose, and lip who doesn't think she has a soul.
this guy with a yellow bike named Nened. He saw our crew going into this bar at 7am and decided to come in as opposed to going to work. Not a lot of people have bikes here.
We wandered, bought beer, drank in the street, and went to this bar where there were 50 year old Serbs drinking at the same time. I am sure they just woke up though.
By 11 am it was just me, Nened, Dragona, and the pierced chick. I bought breakfast and Nened was a gentleman and walked me home. I knew the way. I think he was being polite cause I bought beer and cigarettes.
I slept till 8pm. There was NHL on the TV, unlike in the states.
At 10 pm on Saturday, Juliana and Mike came by the Hotel to get me and we went to the Student center again to see the Serbian hardcore band Atheist Rap. I will let you guess how good Serbian hardcore is. The crowd loved it. they knew all the words.
We left there at 2:30am and got some pizza. this place is always open and busy. And surrounded by hot women. I will go there again. They also put ketchup on pizza. Gross. But the women are hot.
And that is it so far. I know I have forgotten parts.

.

Currently listening :
Ratamahatta
By Sepultura
Release date: By 21 November, 1996

1 comment:

Seano said...

That was by far the best post yet. If everything in it was true, the trip was worth it. Sabbath tribute band? check. Molotov cocktail? Check. Chick w/great tits and no soul? check. Ketchup on pizza? Check. Bar called "Academia" where they light your joint for you? Check. brilliant.just brilliant. Meanwhile its pissing rain here, my headaches are this close to causing another surgery, I'm home from work and bored and in pain. I got psyched all week to buy Police tix and then completely forgot on Sunday. But Marty won his oscar so its not all bad. Later, seano