Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Going and going and going


No melancholy tones for me today.
No stories of crazy parties.
Just a few observations.
Europe is over doing it with the celebration of Jewish history. I know why they do it, but it does seem a bit much. What else can one do besides over react to Hitler? There are no Jews to fill up these synagogues they have so remarkably preserved. There will be a lot of dusting to do before they are.
That murderous psycho Che Guevara is everywhere . T-shirts and stickers. Some guy even tried to sell me a magazine with a photo of bin Laden as Che on the cover.
It's absurd. Trying to make A buck off two terrorists who want to destroy capitalism. One needs to take the long view in that case.
Also, Che consorted with the oppressors of East Germany and Czech Republic. Why would anyone, especially here want to celebrate that guy.
Let's have a party about when out lives sucked. In the states we through 70's or 80's parties to remind us of how silly we could be.
I haven't seen any Iron Curtain parties advertised anywhere. Why is that?
Getting a fast train from Czech republic is not possible. I should have known.
I am going back to Zurich, then off to Italy. Down one side and up the other. Probably. I would like to make it to Sicily but have been hearing only how far it is. Now I have to go. The challenge has been made.
Miss you all. Thanks for reading.
Jefe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

February 7, 2007
3:46 PM
Sacramento, California

Jefe,

Hey crazy mad observer American ramshackling across the Eastern Bloc. It sounds like your having quite the time and experience. I noticed in one on your posts that you requested word from back here in the states. Before I mention something to you regarding those blogs by the way, allow me to inform that Angela and Spirit both send their love and well wishes. I even ran into Ed at N street Cafe yesterday and he asked how you were. Oh say that reminds me, on account of the doctor said there was something wrong with my semen, I have started the beginnings of inroads to trying to ferret out any information I possibly can for getting into some kind of automobile slinging. Don't really have any legitimate idea of what will become of my efforts but I am trying.

So, the blogs you got, I've taken to printing days out a a time, you know after prettying them up a bit here and there. I print them out so Spirit can read them, I know this cracked screen thing is more than most people can deal with, but hell I'm not most people now am I . Pardon my digressions into narcissism, my point was to inform you that in the beautifully rendered hard copy of assembled posts from the 15th of January to the 6th of February, she found the ramblings quite enjoyable and at times out right laughing funE. I am considering taking a copy with me down to the Limelight in a while. I may not, I may. Who can currently say.

I also noticed your actual request for any kind of word back, and though I had been intending to do so anyway, (good intentions the cement of the beautifully paved Hell's Highway) your request has prompted action. You mention wanting to know "what's going on?" with the royal "YOU". I at first found that pretty funny but then realized it must be some sign of semblance of a signal to a strain of homesickness. For as I am sure you realize, things are more or less the same around these parts currently. I'm doing my best interpretation of the 12th Tarot Trump "The hanged man". This of course simply referring to my current lackadaisical insistence of wading in the setting quickcrete that is working at the Limelight. Spirit's company is trying desperately to fall apart, quite the early tests of her latest promotion. Angela starts a new job very soon. Rumor mill sewage talks of Sarah already wanting to get out of the housemate situation with Ed. What else, your sister is the same busy bee she always is. Other than that basic fodder of change seems are pretty much the same.

I noticed that you must have heard the Seano and Pamela Show. Did you notice their playing of "So What"- Miles Davis, in the back ground. Was that in response to you doing that on one of the Free Form Jokers shows? Incidentally I have to agree with you, "Arguments and snipes with Pamela and Seano" is a much more entertaining so than "Seano and Jefe" or "Free Form Jokers". I wonder how he didn't thing of it sooner. Damn that sounded bitter and I'm not. Just thought it all seemed a bit funny and childish, thought it was a joke.

Well, I am going to leave you to whatever you were doing before you took the time to read this.

We're all missing you, and hope all is well,

Love, Peas, and Carrots,

joelrenecano

chiefdrunkennewteeth