Monday, January 15, 2007

Amsterdam is a hoot!




My trip here has been great.

After a confusing train ride from Tilburg, I have been treated amazingly by my hosts Todd and Michelle. The video is of their great apartment. They have been living here since August. Her twin sister, not identical but they look similar, lives here as well.

Here's a brief recap of Saturday.

Find my way to Todd and Michelle's. We do some catch up and then Todd and I head to the Leidseplein for beers.

Michelle, Renee and Jeff meet us there for more beers and light chatting. Jeff also likes Gomez and is pleased to hear Ben is playing that night.

Off to Pastini's for dinner with all and Chris and Allison. Dinner was great and I left a bit early so not to miss much of the concert. Didn't work. I caught about half, but got in for free.

So did Todd, Michelle, Jeff and Renee. I also recorded the last 30 minutes of the set. Sounds okay, people were talking through the whole set.

Gave away rest of pins and Stickers I had left from the Gomez Listening party last April. I kept the shirt that I wore form them, it's cold in January.

Off to the bar again and Todd brought along 2 Dutch girls Rochelle and Katrinka, and a Welsh couple, Phil and Christine, I think. How fun is that?

3 rounds later, out into the rain, Jeff steals a cab at the stand, and back to Oud Zuid, the area Todd lives.

Any questions?

Sunday I walked to the Heineken experience. I want to put my pictures from it in one slide show. That will come later. Dutch beer is so great.

After that I walked to city from bar to coffeeshop to bar to pub to toilet and back to Todd's to meet for dinner. The Welsh couple met us there as well. They love the Young Ones so we went on about that through dinner.

Back to the apartment to watch a little football. We saw the Bears win. Then to bed. I slept like a log. Which meant I had dreams.

I was friends with Mick Jagger and his 14 year old daughter wanted to date me. I don't think he has a daughter that age. In the dream he had 7 kids. He wanted to do some work with me, not sure what now. But his house had this castle like glass foyer with the names of all the Rolling Stones tunes etched into the glass.

Of course dating the girl got me in trouble, not cause I did anything wrong, the girl just liked to play games.

Next, my van, the Econoline I used to own, got stolen by the Yakuza.Which was horrible because I had already smashed up my Pathfinder trying to impress Jagger's kids by driving a Semi into it. I can't drive a tractor trailer even in my dreams.

After that I think I yelled at my mom about my not having a car.

Then I went to work where Albert Brooks was the boss. I couldn't stop laughing because I remembered the Simpsons' episode were he was the James Bond Villain character. So I said "papaya papayin" over and over like from the show. People around me got tired of it faster than I.

I think then, I woke up. Here's to the Dream!


Here's a video of the flat where I am staying. Very nice. Thank you Todd and Michelle.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good site!