Saturday, January 06, 2007

Back In Zurich


After an hour of delays, The plane flew out of Sacto. No big deal, I was in no hurry. Window Seat. Good. Loud and energetic foreign child sittning behind me, not good.
I don't want to quash a youngsters enthusiasm, but why shouldn't that child behave for some part of a 4 and a half hour flight?
The in flight movie was the one about the bartender who tried out for the Philiadelphia Eagles back in 76 and makes the team. Good story. It was still a typical film about believing in yourself and not quitting. More than that, it was about trying your best. A very melodramtic oeuvre it was. The best way to put that type of message across to an audience.
The good thing about it was it's factual basis. Not like that Hilary Duff Uber-scheize about being a star. Stars don't make the world go around. Then again, everyone has a different idea about hard work.
Flight 2 was more of the same. No, it was better. I was so delirious from not sleeping, the miles just slipped away. A couple of tall beers before hand didn't hurt.
Whilst having those beers, I made soome friends. First was Tessa, a young woman returning to LA. She had been there 6 months. We talked about what we were doing and why we were travelling. Got to know a little. I think she dug me. Or the smile was from beer on my chin.
Another guy I spoke to was visiting family in DC. He got to visit some Congressional inaugural parties. According to him, Jon Kyl is a huge attention getter, popular or powerful. The same thing in DC I assume. Anyhow, this guy doesn't like wearing ties or paying $10 for drinks. We related. even when discussing politics.
Which reminds me, CNN is bullshit. It's just one hit piece on the President after another. Some may be deserved, but the constant barrage is disgusting.
Back to FLight 2. I sat next to a Virginia Tech co-ed spendind $12,000 on a semester abroad to study marketing in Lugano, Switzerland. Yeah, they know something about marketing allright.
This young lady was friendlty and laughed at my jokes. There should be more like her.$
8 hours later, I got off the plane at the Zurich flughofen and onto a terminal tram. In the tunnel you see a scrolling video pictoral of a Swiss Miss blowing a kiss at you. This was a new one on me. Innovative could describe it. So would arousing. Memorable.
From there, a breeze through customs and I'm on a train to central Zurich. I phone a friend and here I am. Only 2:00pm. No sleep and a long night ahead.
And, I got to clean up. first time since before I cleared out my appartment.

No comments: