Monday, January 08, 2007

Sleep of Ages


Yeah, I slept a lot today. Maybe I am wasting time. Maybe I am saving money. Maybe I didn't want to walk all over town.
Over the last month, probably more, I have not slept very well at all. Sometimes getting only five hours a night. That's no way to live. So after I awoke today, I finished my leftover lunch from yesterday and took a bath. Then lying down seemed like the thing to do. Then sleeping did. I hope I am not up all night as I won't have much to do. Bars here are weird and different and don't have much of a bar and I don't feel super social all of the time.
Zurich has a hockey team, I would like to see a game.
I have to help Mona with her english lessons. She has to pass the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English test in order to teach that subject. The same test I would take if I wanted to do so. Tim Merkel passed it.
Nina is absolutely stunning, even dressed in street clothes. I am curious to see her in school marm gear. I doubt it is a snug skirt-suit with knee high boots, but one can always hope. She said she does have to be strict with the students.
Interesting story about her.
In early November, prior to her birthday, she had a bad bicycle wreck. She rode into an opened car door. Not her fault.
I have only been told piecemeal what has really happened.
At first I was told it was no big deal, so I thought bumps and bruises.
Next I hear its the hospital and bandages and missing work. Okay, worse but not scary.
Yesterday, it comes up again. She tells me that she didn't stop bleeding out her nose for days. They kept her for observation. they had to rebreak her nose to set it. Her roommate, Hammer, had to stay with her to take care of her because she couldn't do much for herself and some had to be there in case of an emergency. She also had a minor nose job, the top of her bridge is smaller than before. I noticed, which I think started the conversation in the first place.
Bottom line, I have to see pictures from the accident. I am glad they fixed her up good, but that wouldn't change how I feel.

No comments: