Friday, January 19, 2007

Zurich, the Return

What are 3 things I don't care about? fashion style and shopping
Europe has all of those and for only twice the price.
Who wants shoes for ..150? Maybe a matching cap for £50? Don't forget your special gloves ath the low price of 45 chf.
Really, it's not so bad.
I think Zurich and Amsterdam are 2 of the priciest places I could have chosen to visit in the first part of my trip. Thanks to good friends, it hasn't stung my funds too much. Except in Tilburg, where I know no one.
I don't feel like typing each detail for my readers. But here's some travel tips I plan on using through the rest of my journey.
Always bring a bottle of wine on long train rides, especially the overnights. Drinks are at a premium. You will save a ton with just one or two bottles. Some trains have bars, some have a smoking car with racks of unchilled beer or wine. You can't complain, you forgot to stock up. Beer at the store is a about a dollar a can. This price triples on the train. Trying hanging the beer out an opened window to cool it faster. Don't get caught! I think you can drink beer anywhere you like here, so why go into a bar?
Bread also is a must. Rolls are easier than loaves, but these are harder to find if you shop in the evening. Get ready for the best of the rest. Do like I do, try anything twice.
I have had trouble finding small portions of meat and cheese. So I just ate more meat and cheese. Win-Win!
Fruit is also a must. You need your vitamins and roughage if you hope to proerly digest all of that beer, wine, meat, and cheese.
Premade sandwiches feels like a rip-off. If you want to pay too much for speed, wait until you find a kebap-felafel shop. These are plentiful in city setttings.
Also plentiful are the massage places. Or is it just where I have been staying? No need to be alone in Europe unless you want to be. I have no idea what this costs and I don't care to.
Don't plan on sleeping to well in the train bed either. Unless you like a real firm matress. I haven't been to a hostel yet, so I am not sure if those sleep better or not. But the price may be about the same as the extra cost to my Eurail pass. More on that later.
Dutch people hate the Belgians and use too many vowels in their words, but they speak English well.
The Van Gogh was great. The RijksMuseum was as well. According the that place the Dutch are the best people on the face of the planet. Let's keep that VanEgo in the DeCheck.
I did get lost a little on Tuesday night, well turned around. It also had nothing to do with that thing I bought at the Bulldog.
Ben Ottewell concerts are great. Amsterdam food was great. Todd and Michelle were great. Maybe I will see them again.
That's all I really have today.

No comments: