Sunday, January 28, 2007

What I been doing lately



I like quiet when I write.

Some of these bipeds thínk banging on the keyboard makes them type faster. No wonder I stayed at home to write.

Friday I got into,

I think I am getting a headache. I am alone, but i can´t get away from people.

Berlin is where I am right now. I pick a nice quiet place and soon somebody....enough complaing.

I have been enjoying this town for 2 days now.

It was chilling and snowing on Friday. Very wintery for the first time almost a storm. I was going to take a bus tour, but I couldn´t find the meeting place in time. I wouldn´t have seen much anyway, it was snowing that much.

I eventually found my way back to the hostel where I got a bed. Oh, I bought a winter hat, they didn´t have black so I got this deep burgandy or cabernet or soem wine color. It´s not red or purple, they had none in solid black.

I had the house dinner, chicken stew, rice, and salad. Not bad. Then I took a 2 hour nap. When the 2 other fellows in the room returned, I ventured out in to the night to find a beer and some sights.

I wen to the Potsdamner Platz. they have movies and theatrre up there. Sony has a big showcase. The BlueMan Group are also ín town. I saw a show of theirs in 1994 in NYC. I am tempted to see how much tickets are because that would be good to see alone.

There were no places to go for drinks. So after walking a few more blocks, 10 or 12 maybe, I foung a cafe that sold beer, but it closed a half hour later. I had time for 2 and I scoped that latest local paper, complete with titty shots, 3 different ones at least. Then back to the Hostel.

I saw an american girl, she was raised on promises, who talked with a friend about philosophy.

You people have no idea what it tis like to be me, every conversation you overhear sounds like the dumbest one ever.

So she says something like, 'Philosophy is all just questions, maybe I don´t know enough, but it doesn´t have any answers.'

It had to point out that Rene´ Descartes had an answer to the question: Do I really exist? Cogito Ergo Sum. Je pense, que je serait. I think therefore I am.

She hadn´t heard of him. Put down the philosophy, kids should play with sharp objects.

I went to bed.

The next day, filled with lunchmeat, cheese, cereal, and zeal, I found my way to the Zoololgischer Garten station to do a walking tour or Berlin.

The tour was given by a Scottish guy about my age. He is a writer who has been living in Berlin for 10 years. He loves it. He is trying to finish his first novel. If is reads like he told stories on the tour, it should be a one.

We learned about the founding of the city and how it came to prominence. We also got to some of the good stuff about why stuff was still there or was only partially destroyed. We visited the site of Hitler´s bunker, now an apartment block, which is the old Nazi headquarters. The Reichstag is quite impressive. The Chancellors house isn´t. The locals call it the washing machine, cause that´s what it looks like.

There is alot more but I am not typing that all out.

A few of us on the tour, those travelling alone and under 40, had some coffee and beer at a beer hall. Quite good. There Was KEnny, Tyler, Charlie, Katrina, and an Australian girl whose name I ahve forgot and gave the wrong country code for my cell number. Strike 1.

I may email Katrina and she what she says about a date. Will I do it in time? How long will she be in Town.

I returned to the Hostel for dinner and a cold shower, not on purpose, some yoga, and some map work to make it out to a pub crawl.

Made it there! A good group of Aussies, Zealanders, and Americans were out for drinks. Everyone was pretty cool ,except for 2 americans. The loud white guy with the baseball hat yelled at the bartender, shocking. The black dude from LA who never took off his shades thought he got dissed, Surprise! If I wore sunglasses all night I would have seen that coming. Neither of them made it to the club at the end. I did, bút left soon after, out of money and will.

I did find my way home and got up for breakfast.



More to come.

No comments: