Friday, December 22, 2006

Don't be overheard when I'm around.

Last night after work, I stopped by my local to have a quick one and one. A Jager and a beer. Whilst lounging on the front porch, some rub-a-dubs attempted to gain admission. The door guy explained that he couldn't let one of them in, as a passport isn't acceptable ID, to the ABC. He was polite and was even giving options.
Two of her friends were walking away, the guy was saying to the girl," he's got some problem, he makes six bucks an hour...blah blah..."
This set me off.
I bluntly interrogated about who in Hades he was, does he feel better about himself now, does he think it is cool to talk like that where we can all hear him, does he really think all that hair gel is cool, and was that all he had to say. You get my point.
And so did the rest of the patio patrons. He got hooted out of there and probably won't consider returning soon.
Maybe I was upset because I make $6/hour. Plus tips, really $6.75. But I take shit from people all the time. I did that same night.
I work with a pretty blond girl on Thursday and Saturday nights. Last night I scooped a tip off the bar where she had helped them. $2. the jerk who left the $2 says

Drunk Jerk-that's for her.
Me- yeah, we split tips.
Drunk Jerk-I bet you don't make as much as her
Me-(biting lip)(holding tongue)
Me-(thinking) yeah, I never earned a $2 tip before.

Yeah I lashed out at a place I didn't work, because I couldn't where I did work.

No comments: