Sunday, December 10, 2006

Space Shuttle and Sports


Space shuttle launches are hardly ever watched anymore. You never know when to catch them because they only take off in perfect conditions. I happen to have all day to wait for this to happen. But I don't. I know they have good reason to wait for a perfectly clear night or day. It costs a lot of money, too much to let bad weather be a problem. This thing is going into space, it should be kinda tough, right? They let us ride around in planes in worse weather. Well, I should be wondering, because I'm no rocket scientist.

I may have said this before and I will say it again. I can't listen to sports broadcasting. It isn't any fun. All they do is talk and talk about hall of fame this and Pro Bowl that. If they aren't showing the game, they are showing you the athete's wife or some idiot movie star who is at the game. Why should any of us care? We are already taking time from our lives to tune in. They go off and find ways to make each show longer and more full of fluff. I can put up with commercial breaks, but I just want to watch a game to see a game.

Don't lobby me on the air for more games. I'm yelling at you college sports commentators. Leave the students to their studies. I'm sorry your paycheck and identity are so tied up in these young adults playing a game, but shut up about it. I'm going to shove their less that stellar graduation rates in your face when you beg for more programming.

I like winning and losing, but your indignance over the lack of a playoff system in Division I-A football is very minor problem. Lives are not being ruined, fortunes aren't being lost. Especially by coaches making seven figures at a non-profit institution. save your bellaching when congress changes their tax status and the money train gets a little smaller.

I wonder when Sacramento will fall apart. It seems like whenever there is heavy rain, my power goes out. It must have happened 10 times this year. I can't remember being anywhere and this happening so much. The local power company wants to take over more consumer territory, but they aren't doing much with what they have. Hooray for public utilties. They fool us into thinking we have a say by letting us vote for the board members. I don't think it has helped much.

Jumanji is on every weekend on TNT. Why? I watched it again. I guess other people are. There is tons of screaming in that movie.

War in, -5000 geez

No comments: