Monday, December 18, 2006

Eurail Pass

It is here. My Eurail Pass has arrived.I have 15 days of access to Europe. I can visit 5 countries in that time. I chose Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Austria and BeNeLux(Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg.) I have only tentative plans of where to go so far.
On December 13th, Ben from Gomez is playing in Amsterdam. I am hoping Nina will go with me to enjoy the sounds and the Heineken. she doesn't like beer though. What else do they have in Amsterdam?
I also will go to Rome and The Vatican. A pilgrimage of sorts that will also take me to Sicily. I have no idea where to go while there, but why should that matter. The blood in my veins will be my guide.
Vienna is also on tap since it is the home of Classical music. I enjoy walking around cities and seeing what unique things they have to offer. I love to look up at the tall buildings that people have built.
I won't be able to resist Berlin. Take me to your heavy metal. I love German Death Metal and can't wait to see it live and in person.
My plans will be based upon what I have to do. One core thing that draws me to a place. The rest I will take as it comes and keep it loose. I will probably plan ahead for room accommodations. Staying in hostels as they are more affordable. I hope the like snoring Americans.
I know I will visit breweries and museums and clubs and concert halls. I may ski the Alps, if I feel like spending money on the gear.
I will take lots of pictures. I will keep posting.
If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

No comments: