Monday, December 11, 2006

Things that should be removed from cars

America is a nation of drivers. I assume it always will be. The only thing that may change will be the power supply. I do not always enjoy my drive. When I do, it is because there a few others on the road doing the usual rude and unsafe acts. I have a few ideas about what we can do to make the driving experience somewhat less painful.
  1. Remove all turn signals from motor vehicles. "Jefe, what a radical move. Why so extreme?" Most people don't understand why they have a turn signal. It is for whenever you turn or make a lane change. Now it will be easier to understand when you are cut off on the road with out any advanced warning. Therefore less road rage.
  2. Maximum wattage for car stereos. The size of car stereos has gotten out of control. Go ahead, pimp your ride, but keep the volume to the paint job. Your damn bass is gonna shake your taillights out. I remember my friend put a huge woofer in his Hyundai hatchback and we cranked the Ministry all the way up. Our whole bodies shook and we laughed. We knew we were scaring or angering the other drivers. That's why they do it today. There is no right or good reason for these monstrosities. Lose them.
  3. Bye Bye car alarms. Have these ever done anyone right? Here's what they actually do. They wake you up at 7 am on Sunday morning. The one day you can sleep off your hangover. The one day that almost everyone doesn't have to go to work super early. Have you ever seen anybody breaking into a car as you hear the alarm going off? Let's just give out the car alarm stickers for free to everyone. Keep the thieves guessing.
  4. Old people, see ya. Or they may not drive during times when the carpool lanes are open. This keeps them out of rush hour traffic. Have you been stuck in gridlock and look over at a blue hair. You think, "Where are they going?" It ain't work. It ain't anywhere in a hurry. They have all day to go where they need to go. Why do they jam up the road for people with schedules? I say they should quit slowing down the people with normal motor skills.

Well, that's where I would start. These few simple suggestions could get us well on our way out of traffic court, anger management, and high blood pressure. Wow, I think I finally found a cause that cound turn me into an activist.

No comments: